Start Your New Year Off Right, Financially
Ed’s Edge – Season 1, Episode 11
It has finally arrived with an underwhelming entrance…2021.
Creating a list of New Year’s resolutions, during this year especially, feels like a worn out & cliché concept that paralyzes many of us. We feel pressure to accomplish new goals in the new year while simultaneously lacking motivation to accomplish them. For many of us, financial goals often fall first victim to this mental hurdle. If you find yourself dodging your finances – sit back, don’t stress, and join us in our podcast while we share a simple but powerful financial checklist to help start your year off right.
Ed’s Food for Thought
- 1 flank steak (1 ½ pounds)
- 1 medium size sweet red pepper
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 medium size yellow pepper
- ½ cup Italian-flavored dry bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- Broil peppers on broiler pan in preheated broiler 5 inches from heat, turning occasionally, until all sides are blackened, about 15 minutes. Place in brown paper bag and seal. When cool enough to handle, core, seed, and peel peppers and pat dry. Place in medium size bowl.
- Drain spinach and squeeze dry. Add to peppers. Add bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic, pine nuts, and egg; stir well until crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place flank steak on cutting board. With long, thin knife held horizontal to board, split steak in half lengthwise without cutting all the way through; open up like a book. Spread stuffing over steak, leaving 1-inch border. Roll steak up fairly tightly from long side. Tie at 1-inch intervals with kitchen string. Place on rack in baking dish.
- Roast in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Slice crosswise into ½ inch thick slices.