How to Manage Your Emotions in a Volatile Market
Ed’s Edge – Season 1, Episode 2
When the market cratered in March 2020, it was hard not to wonder if this time the market would never recover. Maybe this was the apocalypse. It was nearly impossible to manage one’s emotions in a volatile market like the recent drawdown.
In this episode, Ed and James talk openly about the challenges facing every investor during this time in human history. They offer some stories about those who did it right – and those who let their emotions get the best of them. This is a practical episode to help you stay true to your financial plan.
Ed’s Food for Thought
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boned, skinned
- flour, salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Slice chicken breasts into thin pieces. Pat dry.
- Dredge each piece in flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan, on medium high heat.
- Saute chopped garlic in oil.
- Add chicken pieces and quickly saute until browned, removing chicken from pan as pieces are cooked.
- Deglaze pan with Marsala wine, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes to remove alcohol.
- Stir in tomato sauce and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes until mixture bubbles. Return chicken to pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Serve over buttered pasta. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- And the Coup de Grâce:
- “I like to make the sauce a bit thicker, so I add in corn starch. Mix one or two tablespoons of corn starch with water and then add it to the mix.” – Ed (This is Ed’s secret sauce, truly!)